The International Playschool of Skopje is administered by the lead teachers, Marija Mihailovic and Tanja Todorovski, with assistance from the IPS Coordinator, a parent volunteer. In addition, IPS employs three other full-time teachers on staff. A parent volunteer also produces a class newsletter to keep IPS families updated on current events at the school. The roles and responsibilities of each position are described below.
The teacher’s main responsibilities include:
- developing and implementing program curriculum;
- overseeing all day-to-day activities within the classroom; and
- assessing children’s development progress throughout the academic year.
In addition, the lead teacher’s responsibilities include:
- determining admissibility of applicants to the program;
- administration of all IPS finances including tuition and registration fee collection and
- preparation and maintenance of all IPS documents and correspondence.
The coordinator’s main responsibilities include:
- serving as an information resource for families new to IPS;
- serving as a liaison between families and teachers, as necessary; and
- assisting teachers with administrative duties, curriculum development, and materials acquisition,
- as necessary.
The IPS school year runs from September through August. Classes are held Monday through Friday with
school hours from 7:45 am to 1:00 or 4:30 pm
IPS observes the official Macedonian holidays and closed on these dates. IPS provides a year holiday calendar which is changeable.
IPS is closed for two weeks for the winter break.
Job description of the primary school principal
Job description of the PYP coordinator
MeetTheTeacherNight - Sabina
MeetTheTeacherNight - Jana
MeetTheTeacherNight - Donche
MeetTheTeacher - Julija
MeetTheTeacher - Angela